Managing Editor, Loans | Bankrate
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Red Ventures is looking for a Managing Editor to lead the Loans content team on Bankrate. In this position, you will lead a team of full-time editors and writers who are responsible for creating content that addresses our audience’s financial questions related to personal loans, student loans, auto loans and small business.
This role will be responsible for managing the team’s editorial calendar, partnering with cross-functional teams to align editorial’s strategy with business needs and regularly reporting on performance. The ideal candidate is able to partner with others to define the vertical’s SEO content strategy and effectively execute against that strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Drive content strategy for Loans category in support of earned media initiatives
- Effectively manage a team of full-time editors and writers tasked with creating new content and optimizing existing Loans content that supports Bankrate’s strategy
- Oversee the team’s monthly editorial calendar, identifying priorities with cross-team stakeholders and assigning stories to editors and writers
- Leverage proprietary content platform and tooling to drive and track editorial efficiencies
- Develop and optimize editorial workflows and training materials
- Track team performance and present on progress to the broader Loans business unit
- Supervise the content creation process from pitching to publishing
- Use data to inform content and resourcing decisions
- Collaborate with SEO analysts and other editors on editorial strategy
- Pitch and execute new content initiatives to help grow organic SOV for Loans content
- Write and edit copy as needed
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working at a digital media company, with experience developing other editors
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of consumer lending products
- Impeccable communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Proven ability to balance longer-term, strategic initiatives with daily tasks
- Comfortability making frequent prioritization decisions and shifting focuses under tight timelines
- An understanding of SEO best practices and what it takes to create content that ranks (such as EEAT and YMYL)
- Analytical skills to measure performance and identify growth opportunities
- An action-oriented operator who can effectively oversee content production and hold a team accountable to goals
- Interest in leveraging new technology in the content creation process
- A team player who excels in cross-functional settings
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, tone and content flow
- Solid understanding of AP style
- National salary range: $100,000 - $130,000*
- NYC location salary range: $120,000 - $156,000*
- Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Questions about this Privacy Notice can be directed to [email protected]. Alternatively, you may raise any questions or concerns to your manager, HR Business Partner, or through the Privacy Team.