Customer Support Associate
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Hires Remotely In
Hiring contactAdam Goldstein
Spoiler Alert is looking for a passionate, process, systems and analytics oriented Customer Support Associate to join our growing Customer Support team. If you are an early- to mid-career customer support professional excited to be part of a fast-paced, mission-driven startup on its way to achieving big-goals, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to our Customer Support Manager, the Customer Support Associate will deliver value by providing world class functional and technical support to Spoiler Alert’s customers and supporting the improvement of our internal support processes and systems. This is a cross-functional role requiring collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams.
We have a big mission and large market opportunity, and this individual should be passionate about leveraging technology and supply chain analytics to reduce waste and increase food access. The ideal candidate will possess an extreme sense of urgency, high degree of intelligence, and an aptitude at navigating a fast-paced environment with evolving objectives.
- Proactive monitoring of customer platform usage during sales cycles via system alerts, email workflows and support tickets to ensure any issues that arise are successfully and rapidly resolved internally and with customers
- Respond to, triage and drive resolution of all inbound support requests from customers and their buyers
- Own escalated support issues to ensure that production blocking issues are rapidly resolved
- Conduct proactive customer check-ins on platform usage with customer users while documenting feedback to drive improved customer results
- Leverage our BI tool/platform to provide scheduled and ad-hoc customer analytics and reporting to ensure all customer deliverables and alerts are on-time and error free
- Work with responsible Customer Team Managers to complete technical configuration, implementation and testing tasks/tickets during new customer onboarding and subsequent software upgrades
- Play a key role in a range of initiatives to improve customer outcomes, platform adoption and productivity
- Create and/or update internal support and external customer documentation
- Be a subject matter expert in the Spoiler Alert platform and system features, functions and capabilities
- 2+ years experience in a customer support, customer success, or a professional services role at a leading enterprise B2B/SaaS technology company
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs leading to exceptional results in customer outcomes and internal productivity
- Previous experience as a user of CRM and/or ticketing software - e.g. Salesforce, Zendesk, Kustomer, etc.
- Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex and technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Diligent, consistent attention to detail and management of administrative aspects of the job
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn, adapt, and experiment and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passion towards company’s mission and interest in sustainability, food waste reduction and innovative technology and analytic solutions
- Familiarity with enterprise software and/or Business Intelligence solutions in areas such as BI reporting/Analytics, ERP, supply chain management, warehouse management, transportation management, trade promotion management, etc
- Relevant work experience in any of the following functions within the CPG and Grocery Retail industries: supply chain, sustainability, finance, trade promotion, or sales
About Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels - with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. Founded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world's largest brands, including Campbell's, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation - at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs - including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management - to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation's leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Climate-focused, pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12-16 weeks of paid parental leave + flex return to work
- 15+ company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 20 vacation days and 10 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Home office stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote-first work environment with the option to work out of our Boston headquarters
- Spoiler Alert believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and equitably. We set our salary ranges using compensation data from startups at our stage. The salary range for this position is $55,000-60,000. Pay will be determined based on our assessment of your level and is not determined by location
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.
Please note that applicants should be authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Though we are interested in every qualified candidate, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.