Senior Product Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Hiring contactMinted Recruiting Team
As a digitally native company, Minted’s Shopping Experience and commerce platform are core to the company’s success. Minted’s online shopping experience allows consumers to discover, customize, and purchase from an extensive assortment of different products and categories, all beautifully designed by independent artists around the world. We are driven by creating a customer journey that serves both our artist community and the savvy ecommerce shopper. We are seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to build the next generation of Minted’s commerce tools, experiences, analytics and reporting.
You will be a steward of Minted’s customer shopping experience, developing features that elevate the shopping platform and building products for some of our fastest growing categories. You will be responsible for driving significant improvements related to customer acquisition, product discovery, conversion and NPS.
Anticipated Start Date: 3/12/2024
We’re open to hiring in either San Francisco or remote. Our SF-based Product team has an in-person 3x a week schedule.
- Have a passion for online shopping, merchandise, marketplaces and building consumer shopping experiences that deliver retail success across multiple categories and a wide variety of products.
- Help shape and drive the core commerce and category-specific product roadmaps in partnership with co-CEOs, Product and Engineering Leadership, Business General Managers, Marketing, and other cross-functional leads
- Develop a keen understanding of Minted’s current ecommerce platform and how to scale it to serve Minted’s future commerce needs and use cases. Develop an intimate knowledge of the Minted customer and shopping experience
- Monitor ecommerce and retail trends, best practices, and competitive consumer experiences. Integrate customer feedback, usability studies, user research data, and competitive analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs.
- Support cost and ROI calculations for candidate projects to inform roadmap prioritization
- Build new features and products by translating business requirements into product specifications and user acceptance testing plans
- Define success metrics for individual roadmap projects that map to strategic business goals
- Drive product development execution including project kickoffs, daily scrums, sprint planning, maintaining product specs and backlog, and coordinating design, development and QA activities.
- Coordinate with other product managers and designers to ensure the cohesiveness of the overall user experience
- Build and manage cross-functional project plans that coordinate all work streams across Brand, Merchandise, Artist Relations, Marketing, PR, and Supply Chain to align with engineering project completion and enable launch of the product
- Define, monitor, and report on key success metrics for engagement and uptake of newly launched products
- Support, triage and prioritize bugs and production issues
- A strategic, consumer-centric thinker. You understand consumer segments deeply and intuitively, and you naturally gravitate to the consumer when answering questions or considering strategies. You are ready to put the customer first and influence others across the company to think similarly.
- Results oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments which are outcome-oriented and merit-based, and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment in the face of stringent deadlines.
- Data driven. You make your product decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. You passionately own the metrics for your product area, keep a continuous health check on those metrics, and propose new features/hypotheses to improve on those metrics.
- Detail-oriented. You are able to identify and resolve edge cases as well as aesthetic and functional details in order to deliver a high-quality product experience
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy an environment that has been structured for collaboration and interdependencies.
- A systems thinker. You intuitively understand interdependencies, ask follow-up questions, and drive to solutions that balance the success of initiatives across revenue, quality, brand, and cost goals.
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively, create common knowledge, generate buy-in, and influence stakeholders and senior management towards recommended decisions
- Someone with excellent product judgment, the ability to make sound decisions based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints
- Retail fanatic that eats, sleeps, and breathes online shopping
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years product management experience, building and shipping ecommerce or direct-to-consumer successful products and features
- 2-3 years experience in ecommerce, retail, marketplaces or merchandising
- Superb analytical skills and ability to effectively use data to investigate and solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrated an understanding of technology/architecture and effective partnership with engineering to identify technical solutions based on tradeoffs of user experience, technical debt, latency, scalability, reliability, time to market etc.
- Project management skills: Ability to plan, set expectations, make and meet commitments. Provide structure, process and project management to cross-functional teams
- Intense commitment to quality: Demonstrated focus on quality of product/customer experience and testing/debugging
The compensation range for the role applies to both employment offers and Minted employees actively working in the role. Our employment offers fall between the minimum and midpoint of the range to allow for continued salary growth during your employment at Minted. The upper half of the range accommodates this growth and supports our intention to create an environment that encourages lasting relationships between Minted and our employees.
Geo Base Full Salary Range 0 - Includes SF Bay Area $143,083 - $214,624 (Midpoint $178,853)
Geo Base Full Salary Range 1 - All non-SF CA, DC, NY - $131,636 - $197,454 (Midpoint $164,545)
Geo Base Full Salary Range 2 - Includes CO, IL, MA, MD, NJ, OR, RI, TX, VT, VA, WA - $121,620 - $182,430 (Midpoint $152,025)
Geo Base Full Salary Range 3 - Includes AL, AK, AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, NH, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, UT, WI, WV, WY - $111,604 - $167,407 (Midpoint $139,506)
This role is eligible for an annual performance bonus and stock options.
Benefits will be effective the first of each month following your initial hire date.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Employer Funded Health Savings Account
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer Paid Wellbeing Apps (e.g. Headspace and Calm)
- Monthly Gym/Wellness Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employer Funded Commuter Benefits
- Employee Discount
- Friends and Family Discount
Artists shape culture. They spark conversation, create connection, and bring beauty into the world. Minted is where they come together to reach further. Our marketplace empowers a thriving community of independent artists to sell and scale their work. We nurture self-expression, cultivate community, and bring the best in visual art to a global audience.
We’re building a new way to discover the world’s best creative talent. We’re here for the emerging talent ready to take off, the local favorites ready to grow, and the established artists ready to dream bigger.
At Minted, our people don’t just believe in the power of art–we live it. We have our finger on the pulse of what’s new and now. We’re obsessed with great design, art, and interiors. We’re in galleries, at fairs, and constantly finding inspiration online. We seek undiscovered talent that deserves to stand up and stand out. We connect with artists that have something to say, and we collaborate to amplify their work. The Minted community’s art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Our marketplace brings the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. We recognize the challenges independent artists face, and we leverage our resources to level the playing field and create a platform that gives artists the freedom to develop their craft and grow their business.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employ 350+ full-time employees, plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. We have raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
How Our Process Works:
Minted uses technology and innovative practices to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.