Head of Marketing, Gitcoin Labs
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Remote Work PolicyRemote only
Hiring contactRena O'Brien
As the Head of Marketing for Gitcoin Labs, you’ll lead the growth and adoption of our core product offering, Grants Stack. You’ll be a founding member of a leadership team in a new part of the organization that is lean, impactful, and deeply customer-centric. This role involves ownership and creation of a new marketing team and strategy and is perfect for someone who excels in the dual role of both team management and hands-on ideation and execution.
Reporting into the GM, Gitcoin Labs, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive marketing strategies to drive adoption and revenue growth of Grants Stack. You will play a crucial role in differentiating our offerings in the grants industry and effectively communicating their value to customers. Your expertise in product marketing, content marketing, and market analysis will be instrumental in achieving our growth goals.
- Develop and execute robust marketing strategies that align with Gitcoin Labs’ goals and objectives, focusing on driving product adoption and revenue growth against goals co-created with the GM
- Drive customer engagement and adoption through the development and execution of targeted marketing campaigns, leveraging digital marketing, content marketing, and demand generation strategies.
- Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape within the blockchain data industry. Utilize this information to create product positioning, messaging, and pricing strategies.
- Leading and managing our internal marketing team: building a lean and impactful team that helps achieve our aggressive growth objectives
- Identifying and pursuing strategic partnerships to accelerate product adoption
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product, sales, and grant operations, to ensure effective product launches and go-to-market strategies.
- Demonstrated marketing leadership experience in a startup environment. This isn’t your first rodeo: you’ve hired, coached, and mentored high-performing marketing teams in the past.
- Strong interest in Web3. Previous work experience is a major advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful product marketing strategies, including product positioning, messaging, and go-to-market planning.
- Experience with digital marketing channels, content marketing, and demand generation strategies – within Web3 is a major plus.
- One day in crypto can be more eventful than a year in other industries. You’re cool with change, but know how to create stability for your team in this crazy environment.
- This role requires business fluency in English. You’re able to structure working hours within GMT-5 to GMT +1 and accommodate our team working hours from 1pm UTC to 6pm UTC.
Since 2017, Gitcoin has been building tools that enable communities to fund what matters to them. Through our Gitcoin Grants Program, we've distributed over $50M to early stage builders championing projects across DeFi, Ethereum infrastructure, open source software, and beyond. We’ve taken the success and learnings of the Gitcoin Grants Program and used it to build our open-source, on-chain Grants Stack product that anyone can use to create and manage grants programs in Web3.
Gitcoin Labs is a contributor to the Gitcoin DAO and Ethereum ecosystem. Our charter is to support the growth of Gitcoin through product development and adoption. We’re a leading organization in Web3 that’s trusted by partners across the ecosystem; including Polygon, zkSync, Base, Avalanche, and more.
We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.