Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Solutions Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
This role can be based remotely in Boston, MA.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Pre-sales experience with enterprise software (bonus!)
- Working knowledge and ability to code with one or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 25%
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As an ideal candidate, you may also have:
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
What you do at MongoDB:
- You design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects leveraging MongoDB
- You advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- You confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- You partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts in assigned territory
- You align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria
- You translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executives
- You have an ability to drive customer demand within a sales territory, by being self-motivated, proactive and understanding the importance of a strong sense of urgency
What you will learn:
The rapidly expanding MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake
- Atlas Full-Text Search
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps, cloud, security
Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role in the U.S. is:$91,000—$178,000 USD