Principal Integrations Architect
Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital. We live by our seven company values everyday: Success First, Customer Obsessed, Incredibly High Standards, Open Mindedness, Resilience, Impatience, Positive & Optimistic and Customer Obsessed. They are stitched into the way we work, interact with others, and hold ourselves accountable. We’re eager to hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, deeply aligned with our values, and are excited to help shape the future of customer service.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Business Systems at Intercom is the organization that enables us to operate to the standards of a high-performing, high-growth, scalable company.
If you are a seasoned Integration Architect looking to make a significant impact within a forward-thinking organization, we invite you to apply and contribute to the success of our technology ecosystem. As the Principal Integrations Architect, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing robust and scalable integration solutions connecting various systems within Intercom business systems, overseeing custom development, ensuring data integrity and security, providing technical leadership and guidance, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Leveraging your deep expertise in system architecture and integration technologies, you will own the integration platform and ensure seamless connectivity between various applications, systems and platforms, while also staying updated on emerging technologies and trends, and continuously improving the organization's business systems architecture to align with Intercom business objectives.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into comprehensive integration strategies. Develop and maintain a roadmap for integration initiatives, ensuring alignment with overall business and IT strategies-Strategic Planning:
- Architectural Design: Design and architect end-to-end integration solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements. Provide technical leadership in the selection of integration technologies and tools, considering factors such as scalability, security, and maintainability.
- Leadership: Provide technical leadership and mentorship to development teams and stakeholders. Provide guidance on best practices in integration design, development, and testing.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including application developers, data engineers, and business analysts, to ensure successful implementation of integration projects. Collaborate with external vendors and partners to integrate third-party solutions seamlessly.
- Quality Assurance: Establish and enforce integration development standards, ensuring the reliability and performance of integration solutions. Conduct regular reviews and audits to identify areas for improvement and optimization
- Documentation and Training: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for integration solutions, including design specifications, architecture diagrams, and operational guidelines. Conduct training sessions to enhance the skill set of the integration team and other relevant stakeholders.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in designing and implementing complex integration solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of integration patterns, protocols, and technologies (e.g., REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, ETL processes).
- Experience with cloud-based integration platforms and microservices architecture.
- At least 3+ years of Workato experience.
- Experience designing and implementing integrations with core SaaS platforms like Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora, Stripe, etc..
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to create comprehensive technical documentation, including solution designs, architectural diagrams, and configuration details.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor and guide junior developers, administrators, and other team members, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Understanding business processes and the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions that drive value.
- Capability to align technical solutions with long-term business goals and develop a cohesive Integration architecture roadmap.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $216,300 - $292,600 USD. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.