Business Development Representative(1+ years exp)
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Remote Work PolicyOnsite or remote
Hires Remotely In
Hiring contactCeci Carpman
As an BDR at Glacier you will play a key role in driving the company's growth by identifying and qualifying potential clients interested in our groundbreaking robotics solutions for recycling.
This position offers a unique opportunity to combine your sales acumen with a passion for environmental impact, contributing to a cleaner and more sustainable world.
- We’re a small team based in San Francisco.
- Our founders come from Facebook engineering and Bain consulting.
- As an early member of the Glacier team, you’ll have a significant role in shaping our company’s future.
- We started Glacier to have a major positive environmental impact and we are searching for teammates who share in that mission.
- We’re backed by top-tier VCs and angels with extensive technical and industry expertise.
- We have several robots in production at customer sites and a robust pipeline of upcoming deployments.
- Lead Generation: Identify and qualify potential leads through proactive research, market analysis, and outbound prospecting to build a robust sales pipeline.
- Client Engagement: Initiate and maintain effective communication with key decision-makers in target industries to understand their needs and present our solutions.
- Product Understanding: Develop an in-depth understanding of our robotic products and their applications to articulate value propositions effectively to potential clients.
- Sales Presentations: Conduct compelling presentations and demonstrations to showcase the benefits and functionalities of our robotics solutions.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with clients, understanding their evolving needs and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market demands to contribute valuable insights for product development and sales strategy.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with our CEO to co-create our sales strategy and growth plan
- Provide ongoing customer feedback as a core input to our engineering roadmaps
- Help build sales infrastructure in preparation for scaling our Sales team.
- Example projects include iterating on our sales pitch materials; creating templates, documentation, and processes for future teammates; and establishing our CRM.
(If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but are excited about this role, please reach out anyway!)
- 1+ years of proven experience as the first or second BDR or similar capacity at an early-stage startup (<50 employees and up-to Series A) with a long a complex sales cycle (6+ months) and a HW and SW offering
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue quotas in previous roles
What traits will make you successful in this role:
Strategic thinking - Ability to devise creative solutions to complex deal challenges, including balancing deployment capacity, engineering capabilities, and the demands of the customer.
Customer empathy - Ability to understand customers’ priorities, pain points, and decision-making criteria, and tailor interactions accordingly to build meaningful customer relationships.
Effective communication and stakeholder management - Ability to communicate and work with a variety of stakeholders, including prospective customers (corporate and front-line), Engineering, and Operations.
Ownership mentality - Relentless drive to achieve results and proactively solve problems with minimal direction or supervision
- Professional experience selling solutions in any of the following areas: Industrial automation / robotics, Manufacturing, Recycling / waste
- Technical understanding of robotics, manufacturing, and/or automation solutions