Business Development Manager(No experience required)
Job TypeFull Time
Visa SponsorshipNot Available
Hires Remotely In
Hiring contactZoë Milgrom
Apply here ⚡️
What do we do at Eugene?
We help people make important healthcare decisions with convenient access to at-home genetic tests and virtual clinical care. We take a clinician-led, tech-enabled approach to deliver accessible, compassionate and proactive healthcare at scale.
Since launching our first at-home genetic test to guide pregnancy planning in 2018, we've grown an average of 20% month-on-month and have raised over $1.5m, backed by some of the best and brightest in the health, startup and social impact investor community. Since then we've also launched a cancer risk test, and there's a whole lot more to come.
You will be our first business development hire and will have the opportunity to both, define and implement our go-to-market strategy, and also as we continue to scale, build a team. You will be responsible for bringing in new business by effectively and ethically building relationships with a variety of medical practitioners such as GPs, obstetricians, IVF Specialists, and other physicians, private practices and hospitals.
You'll be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and our cross-functional initiatives in Australia. Working within our high performing team, you'll have the autonomy to try new things, work on projects and play a significant part in growing our base of referring clinicians and driving the adoption of our new products to our current base. The position is remote so you can be anywhere in Australia! Here are some of the things you'll do on a day to day basis:
- Collaborate with the Chief Clinical Officer to find effective ways to generate and close leads while setting expectations for doctors and specialists.
- Generate new business opportunities within Australia & New Zealand through a combination of outbound calling, emailing, and through managing inbound marketing/sales pipeline .
- Represent the voice of the customer with the product and leadership team to help define our product roadmap and customer communications
- Build intelligent sales automations, using testing and feedback loops
- Identify opportunities to expand revenue from current referring doctors and specialists in-line with our long-term strategic business and growth goals.
- Be able to confidently present our full product suite to referring doctors to support up-sell and cross-sell of the Eugene test platform. We'll help you get there!
- Contribute in setting Eugene's growth strategy and maintain high-level of product and market knowledge.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles.
You are looking for
- A flexible workplace that recognises everyone has responsibilities and joys outside work.
- Challenging, meaningful work that has a positive impact on the lives of our customers.
- Collaboration with a helpful and encouraging team that welcomes you, your ideas and your lived experience.
- A role where you can grow into a leadership position as our team grows.
- An environment where you will learn something new every day from new healthcare technologies to product development and leadership.
- A company that is committed to doing well by doing good.
- Experience forecasting and utilising a CRM to track pipelines. Formal sales training is a plus.
- Experience working in business development, partnerships, or another commercial role.
- If you've had to call on medical professionals in a previous role — that's a huge plus
- Working in a startup and/or healthcare is preferred — but not required.
- Great technical skills — let's take more advantage of the automation tools out there!
- Proven ability to work well within a team and independently. The business development team will be a team of two and need to work closely together.
- A highly curious mindset, actively looking to learn the latest theories and systems.
- Experience working well with cross-functional teams and all levels of management (internally and externally)
- Have a healthy respect for security, privacy, customer experience and inclusion.
How to apply:
If you think you would be a great fit for Eugene but don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply.